10 Hammersmith Broadway
(previously West London Centre for Sexual Health)
Our new clinic is at 10 Hammersmith Broadway, London, W6 7AL on the corner of Hammersmith Broadway and Shepherds Bush Road. We are a very short walk from the tube stations (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Piccadilly and District lines) and Hammersmith bus station.
We aim to deliver a confidential, friendly, high quality service. We offer full sexual health tests (with results within 3 working days), contraception, outpatient HIV treatment and services and specialised sexual health services.
You can book an appointment during our opening times for any sexual health related reason by calling 020 3315 6699 & press 1. However, if you do not have any symptoms (ie you don’t think anything is wrong) and would like to have a sexual health screen and/or need simple contraception (eg not an implant or a coil) you can walk in to Floor 1 without an appointment during the following hours:-
If you have ever had unprotected sex and have never had a check-up we recommend regular sexual health screenings. We know how busy you are and have streamlined our services—we have tests that can provide an HIV diagnosis in minutes. We offer routine appointments but if you need to see us urgently—for example PEP, emergency contraception or other urgent problems—we have emergency walk-in appointments.
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs), for example, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV, syphilis, hepatitis, herpes, warts
- Treatment of other genital conditions, for example, thrush, bacterial vaginosis, skin problems
- Rapid HIV tests
- Free condoms
- Pregnancy testing/family planning/contraception, including implants and coils
- Sexual Health Adviser service offering advice and information on sexual health issues
- Advice and referral for termination of pregnancy/abortion
- Follow-up care for patients who are HIV positive
- Specialist Dietetic Clinic for HIV+ patients
- Hepatitis B/C screening and Hepatitis B vaccinations for at-risk individuals
- Safer sex advice
- Telephone/text results service
- Cont@ct2—walk in service for those aged 17 and under
- Chrome Clinic - for men with sexual difficulties
- Gold Service (for the Trans* community)—call Health Advisers on 020 3315 9779
- Hepatitis Clinic—for people with viral hepatitis
- Indigo Clinic—for those working in the adult entertainment industry
- Know4sure with NPL (Naz Project London)—for black and minority ethnic communities @ WLCSH (Weds 3:30–5:30pm), call NPL for an appointment on 020 8741 1879
- Magenta Clinic - for women with sexual difficulties
- Pearl Service—for people with learning disabilities
Booking for the Saturday Service
All appointments for the Saturday clinics can now be booked by calling 020 3315 6699 on Fridays from 9am–5pm.
We offer a wide range of short and long acting forms of contraception and emergency contraception.
The short acting methods include the combined pill, progestogen-only pill, vaginal ring and patch. The long acting methods we offer include the contraception injection, implant, copper and progestogen only coils (Mierna and Jaydess).
If you would like an implant or coil inserted, please book into one of our long-acting reversible contraception (LARC) clinics. If you require the pill, patch or vaginal ring you may walk in or book into a general clinic appointment.
Please check the website or call the call centre for times and availability for all appointments for all appointments.
Arriving at 10 Hammersmith Broadway
As you enter the building on the ground floor, you will be greeted and directed to the appropriate floor where you use the self check-in screens so we know you have arrived.
- if you are having a sexual health screen and have no symptoms
- if you need basic or emergency contraception
- if you have an appointment to see a health adviser
- if you need post exposure prophylaxis (PEP)
Artist’s impression of the waiting area on Floor 1:
- if you are having a sexual health screen and have symptoms
- if you are a young person aged 17 years and under
- if you need contraception (including emergency contraception)
- long acting reversible contraception (LARC)
- nurse treatments
Artist’s impression of the waiting area on Floor 2:
- if you are attending our medical or specialist services
Artist’s impression of the waiting area on Floor 3:
About the clinic
10 Hammersmith Broadway originally began as the ‘Martha and Luke’ clinic in 1929. One of the original ‘VD Clinics’, the service grew significantly during the 1960s/70s. The impact of HIV/AIDS in the 1980s led to a further clinic expansion. The clinic moved to the West London Centre for Sexual Health in 1990, where it was based for twenty six years.
The Trust’s HIV and sexual health centres have an excellent local, national and international reputation. At 10 Hammersmith Broadway, we strive to be leaders in the field of sexual health. We listen to our clients and have opened Saturday morning clinics and evening services on Mondays to Wednesdays as a result. We have also taken our services into the community, delivering clinics in several outreach vicinities.
If you need to talk to us about your sexual health, please call our Sexual Health Adviser team on 020 3315 9779. We are always happy to help and give advice.