Chelsea and Westminster Hospital’s endocrine service diagnoses and treats children and adolescents with growth and endocrine problems.
With close links to the diabetes service, our consultants are experts in treating disorders of growth and puberty, as well as growth issues associated with chronic illnesses such as inflammatory bowel disease, cystic fibrosis, asthma and blood disorders.
We also run special clinics for children with obesity, families with lipid problems, children with Prader Willi syndrome, blood disorders and follow up care after bone marrow transplant.
Continuous care is available through to adulthood as a result of good links between the paediatric and adult endocrine services.
Location of services
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Three weekly endocrine clinics, Paediatric Outpatients
- One weekly diabetes clinic, Paediatric Outpatients
- Multidisciplinary Prader Willi syndrome clinic every three months, Paediatric Outpatients
- Monthly transition clinic (with Dr Kevin Shotliff, consultant endocrinologist)
- Monthly general endocrine clinics, St Mary’s Hospital
- Regular joint clinics with the haematology service at St Mary’s Hospital
- Monthly cystic fibrosis diabetes clinics at the Royal Brompton Hospital