Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and its antecedent the Westminster Children's Hospital has a proud record of more than 100 years of providing specialist care for children.
Our aim is to provide family and child-centred care and we are proud of the care that we provide for children and young people—as demonstrated by the results of the latest independent survey of patients and their familes which was carried out in autumn 2013:
- 96% of parents of children aged 0–7 rated their care 'Excellent', 'Very good' or 'Good'
- 95% of young patients aged 8–17 rated their care 'Excellent', 'Very good' or 'Good'
- 94% of parents of children aged 0–7 rated their care 'Excellent', 'Very good' or 'Good'
- 76% of young patients aged 8–17 felt they were looked after ‘Very well’ during their hospital visit, and 23% felt they were looked after ‘fairly well’
We are one of London's largest providers of children's services, caring for more than 75,000 children a year as inpatients, outpatients, in Children’s A&E and as day cases.
We are also the lead centre for specialist paediatric and neonatal surgery in North West London which means that we carry out the most complex surgery on babies and children.
A major redevelopment of the hospital has helped us to achieve our vision of providing world-class children's services including:
- state-of-the-art children's operating theatres
- improved children's wards
- new premises for the Hospital School