West London Centre for Sexual Health (WLCSH)
The West London Centre for Sexual Health is a friendly, discrete and free NHS sexual health clinic based at Charing Cross Hospital, West London. We offer full sexual health tests, outpatient HIV clinics, HIV treatment and more specialised sexual health services.
If you have ever had unprotected sex and never had a check-up we recommend regular sexual health screenings. We know how busy you are and have streamlined our services—we have tests that can provide an HIV diagnosis in minutes. We offer routine appointments but if you need to see us urgently—for example, PEP, emergency contraception or other urgent problems—we have emergency walk-in appointments.
Change in booking for the Saturday Service
All appointments for the Saturday clinics can now be booked by calling 020 3315 6699 on Fridays from 9am–5pm.
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs), for example, chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV, syphilis, hepatitis, herpes, warts
- Treatment of other genital conditions, for example, thrush, bacterial vaginosis, skin problems
- Rapid HIV tests
- Free condoms
- Pregnancy testing/family planning/contraception, including implants and coils
- Sexual Health Adviser service offering advice and information on sexual health issues
- Advice and referral for termination of pregnancy/abortion
- Follow-up care for patients who are HIV positive
- Specialist Dietetic Clinic for HIV+ patients
- Hepatitis B/C screening and Hepatitis B vaccinations for at-risk individuals
- Safer sex advice
- Telephone/text results service
- Cont@ct2—walk in clinic for those aged 19 and under (Mon, Tue, Thu 2:30–5pm)
- Pearl Service—for people with learning disabilities
- Indigo Clinic—for those working in the adult entertainment industry
- Hepatitis Clinic—for people with viral hepatitis
- Know4sure with NPL (Naz Project London)—for black and minority ethnic communities @ WLCSH (Weds 3:30–5:30pm), call NPL for an appointment on 020 8741 1879
- The Gold Service (for the Trans* community)—call Health Advisers on 020 3311 1579
About the clinic
The West London Centre for Sexual Health began as the ‘Martha and Luke’ clinic in 1929. One of the original ‘VD Clinics’, the service grew significantly during the 1960s/70s. The impact of HIV/AIDS in the 1980s led to a further clinic expansion.
The Trust’s HIV and sexual health centres have an excellent local, national and international reputation. At West London Centre for Sexual Health, we strive to be leaders in the field of sexual health. We listen to our clients and have opened Saturday morning clinics and evening services on Mondays to Wednesdays as a result. We have also taken our services into the community, delivering clinics in several outreach vicinities.
If you need to talk to us about your sexual health, please call our Sexual Health Adviser team on 020 3311 1579. We are always happy to help and give advice.