John Hunter Clinic for Sexual Health (JHC)
John Hunter Clinic is a friendly, confidential and free NHS sexual health clinic based on the 2nd/3rd floors of St Stephen’s Centre (opposite Tesco) next to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
We offer sexual health testing (chlamydia, gonorrhoea, syphilis, HIV, hepatitis, warts, herpes, LGV and trichomonas), an extensive range of contraceptives, emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, vaccinations, sexual infection treatment and advice, as well as other specialised services.
If you have never had a check-up we recommend you come along and have a sexual health screen as it is common to have a sexually transmitted infection and not be aware of it.
We are open Monday to Friday with two evening clinics on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Appointments can be booked online or over the phone.
If you require contraception, try our new mobile web app PregStop! where you can book an appointment by text/SMS for the Family Planning service at John Hunter Clinic.
The John Hunter Clinic for Sexual Health is offering a free STI testing postal service to clients who have sexual health needs but cannot or prefer not to attend a clinic. To access this FREE package of tests for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, Syphilis and HIV visit our website Check Me Out.
- Testing and treatment for all sexually transmitted infections (STIs/STDs), such as chlamydia, gonorrhoea, HIV, syphilis, hepatitis, herpes, warts, trichomonas, LGV
- Rapid HIV tests—results available within a few minutes
- Contraception—range includes vaginal rings, contraceptive patches, contraceptive pills, injections (depo-provera), intrauterine devices (copper coil or Mirena), implants, and male or female condoms.
- Emergency contraception and pregnancy testing
- Referrals for termination of pregnancy/abortion
- Health Adviser-led advice and support on all aspects sexual health, counselling, partner notification and risk reduction interventions, such as motivational interviewing
- Follow-up care for patients who are HIV+
- Hepatitis B/C screening and Hepatitis B vaccinations for at-risk individuals
- Treatment of other genital conditions, such as thrush, bacterial vaginosis and skin problems
- Access to our psychosexual clinic, sexual difficulties service, and anoscopy and prostatitis clinics
- Safer sex advice
- Free condoms/femidoms/dental dams/lubricant
- Text/telephone results service
- Walk-in service for under 19s (Contact)
- SPLASH—sexual health clinic for people living with HIV
- Connexions at Lancaster Youth Club in Ladbroke Grove—walk-in clinic on Tuesday afternoons for those aged 19 and under
- SWiSH clinic—outreach clinic on Wednesday afternoons working in partnership with Terrence Higgins Trust for sex workers
- Specialist referral clinics for long term or recurrent problems, such as genital herpes and recurrent bacterial vaginosis
- Anoscopy clinic
- Prostatitis clinic