Getting to the hospital
You can download walking maps (PDF format) below which show 5- and 15-minute walking distances from Chelsea and Westminster:
5-minute radius from Chelsea
15-minute radius from Chelsea
- 14—from South Kensington or Fulham Broadway
- 414—from South Kensington or Fulham Broadway
- 211—from Fulham Broadway or King’s Road
- 11—from Fulham Broadway
- 22—from Putney Common
Redcliffe Gardens (southbound)/Finborough Road (northbound)
- 328—from Earls Court
- C3—from Earls Court or Clapham Junction
All stations are a 15–20 minute walk.
- Fulham Broadway—District Line
- Earls Court—Piccadilly and District Lines
- South Kensington—Piccadilly, District and Circle Lines
- Gloucester Road—Piccadilly, District and Circle Lines
The hospital has an underground car park which is accessed via Nightingale Place—spaces are limited. The car park is not run as a commercial operation and all the money goes directly to support the work of the hospital and the care of its patients.
Please note height restriction of 1.9m.
On arrival at the entrance to the car park, take a ticket at the barrier. Before returning to the car park when leaving the hospital please pay by cash or card (not American Express or Diner’s Club) at the machines located on the ground floor of the hospital by main reception. Cash payments can also be made at the main reception desk.
The car park becomes very busy during the day and spaces are not guaranteed. Therefore, please allow additional time if you intend to drive. There are also Pay and Display spaces on the streets near the hospital.
Car parking charges
The minimum charge of £3.50 (£3 from 29 April) for up to 1 hour applies daily from 8am–7pm. This charge is reduced to £1.50 (£1 from 29 April) for up to 1 hour from 6pm–8am (7pm–8am from 29 April). There is also a maximum stay of 24 hours which incurs a charge of £35 (£40 from 29 April). Lost tickets will incur a charge of £35 (£40 from 29 April).
8am–6pm (8am–7pm from 29 April)
- up to 1 hour—£3.50 (£3 from 29 April)
- 1–2 hours—£5.00 (£6 from 29 April)
- 2–3 hours—£7.50 (£8 from 29 April)
- 3–4 hours—£12.50 (£10 from 29 April)
- 4–5 hours—£15.00 (£13 from 29 April)
- 5–6 hours—£17.50 (£16 from 29 April)
- 6–7 hours—£20.00 (£18 from 29 April)
- 7–8 hours—£20.00 (£20 from 29 April)
- 8–9 hours—£30.00 (£23 from 29 April)
- 9–10 hours—£30.00 (£25 from 29 April)
- 10–24 hours—£35.00 (£40 from 29 April)
6pm–8am (7pm–8am from 29 April)
- up to 1 hour—£1.50 (£1 from 1 April)
- 1–2 hours—£2.00 (£2 from 1 April)
- 2–3 hours—£3.50 (£3 from 1 April)
- 3–4 hours—£4.00 (£4 from 1 April)
- 4-5 hours—(£5 from 1 April)
Discretionary exemptions and concessions
Discretionary exemptions and concessions on these charges are granted to the following groups, subject to certain criteria:
- Parents and family of patients being treated in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and Burns Unit
- Patients undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer
- Parents/visitors of children who are inpatients
- Bereaved relatives
- Macmillan cancer patients
Any concessions granted will be agreed by the Estates & Facilities Department jointly with the individual ward or department.
Disabled parking is available free of charge to drivers displaying a valid disabled driver’s permit in the underground car park. The disabled bays are located near the car park lifts—if you require assistance when you arrive please ask at the main reception desk.
Drivers may drop off elderly and disabled patients outside the main entrance. This is a drop-off point only and parking outside the main entrance is not permitted.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital is not located within the Congestion Charging zone.
Free parking in designated areas and in the hospital car park.
Free parking available in a designated area of the hospital car park for motorbikes which can fit past the barriers (ie not those with sidecars).