A hospital of choice
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust aims to be a hospital of choice for patients and an employer of choice for staff.
We have been recognised independently as an employer of choice—named as the best employer for carers and eldercare in the UK at the Top Employers for Working Families Awards 2012, best employer for carers in the UK at the Top Employers for Working Families Awards 2011, ranked among the top 10 employers for working families in the UK in the Top Employers for Working Families Awards 2010 and winner of the ‘Most effective benefits strategy’ category of the HR Excellence Awards 2010.
In the latest NHS Staff Survey, for the fourth consecutive year, we were rated in the top 20% of acute hospital trusts nationally overall for staff engagement which includes good communication between senior management and staff, and staff recommending the hospital to family and friends as a place to work or receive treatment:
- 80% of staff said, if a friend or relative needed treatment they would be happy with the standard of care, against a national average of 60%
Chelsea and Westminster also achieved among the top 20% of trusts nationally in 14 areas including:
- Staff reporting good communication between senior management and staff - we were the best score nationally for the second consecutive year
- Staff agreeing their role makes a difference to patients
- Staff saying they had effective support from immediate managers
- Staff believing the Trust has effective team working
More than 3,000 people work at Chelsea and Westminster including staff employed directly by the Trust, Facilities staff employed by contractors, and hospital volunteers.
Our vision is to provide high quality patient-centred care for our local population and those using our specialist services, delivered by a modern workforce in a range of settings along integrated pathways of care.
We aim to provide this care in a modern way through multi-disciplinary teams working in an excellent environment, supported by state-of-the-art technology and world class academic research.