Wards and clinics
Please contact the departments below by calling the Hospital switchboard on 020 8746 8000 and asking the operator for the appropriate extension.
- Ann Stewart Ward, 3rd Floor, Lift Bank C
27-bed postnatal ward with 3 side rooms
- Antenatal Clinic (ANC), Ground Floor, Lift Bank C
- The Birthing Unit, 3rd Floor, Lift Bank C
3 large rooms, 2 of which have access to a birthing pool
- Josephine Barnes Ward, 3rd Floor, Lift Bank C
15-bed ward (5 siderooms) mainly for antenatal admissions
- Labour Ward, 3rd Floor, Lift Bank C
9 rooms, 2 of which have access to a birthing pool
- Maternity Day Assessment Unit (MDAU), Ground Floor, Lift Bank C
Operates Monday–Friday 9am–5pm
- Simpson Unit (Obstetric High Dependency and Recovery Unit) 3rd Floor, Lift Bank C
5-bed care for women requiring very close medical monitoring
- The Kensington Wing, 3rd Floor, Lift Bank B, at the front of the hospital
Our Private Maternity Unit
Labour Ward and Birthing Unit
- Open visiting by one nominated partner.
- Partner only—8am–10pm
Josephine Barnes and Ann Stewart Wards
- One nominated partner is welcome to visit 24 hours a day.
- Rest period—1–4pm (partner only)
- Other visitors—4–7pm (maximum 3 visitors)
From 24 December partners will be able to stay overnight—this is for a trial period of 3 months. Unfortunately we are unable to provide a bed due to space limitations and hospital beds are not suitable for 2 adults. Toilet facilities can be found on Labour Ward.
Please note—in all areas, only the mother's own children are allowed to visit between the hours of 8am and 8pm.