Maternity Unit Management
- Vivien Bell (Head of Midwifery Services & General Manager)
- Catherine Wilkins (Deputy Head of Midwifery)
- Shereen Jones (Intrapartum Midwifery Matron)
- Cherry Brennan (Inpatient Midwifery Matron)
- Emma Bartlett (Interim Outpatient Midwifery Matron)
Please direct any questions or concerns about the Obstetric Service to:
- Miss Gubby Ayida
Obstetrics Service Director
T: 020 3315 7926
P: Call the hospital switchboard on 020 8746 8000 and ask the operator to page 4064
There are ten consultant Obstetricians providing care to expectant mothers. The consultants along with their medical team of junior doctors are all linked with and provide Obstetric support to the midwifery teams. In addition to weekday consultant led antenatal clinics, there are specialist antenatal clinics. These clinics allow pregnant women with specific medical conditions to be jointly managed by attending physicians and anaesthetists.
Examples include women with diabetic, haematological, renal, immunological and cardiac conditions.
There is dedicated consultant input to the Labour Ward during the day between 8 and 5 and on call consultant cover supporting the 24/7 resident team out of hours. The Consultants and their teams provide advice and ongoing care to women attending the Day Assessment Unit or admitted to the antenatal or postnatal wards.
- Prof M Johnson PhD—Diabetes (accredited General Medicine)
- Ms Zoe Penn MD—HIV, Gastroenterology
- Ms Gubby Ayida MD—Labour Ward Training, Cardiac, FGM
- Mr Nick Wales—Midtrimester pregnancy loss
- Mr Hazem El Refaey MD—Labour induction and control of PPH
- Mr Martin Lupton—Maternal Medicine, Cardiac
- Mr Guy Thorpe-Beeston MD—Fetal Medicine, Cystic Fibrosis
- Mr Keith Duncan MD—Fetal Medicine, Multiple Pregnancy
- Dr Makrina Savvidou—Fetal Medicine
- Mr Roger Marwood—Multiple Pregnancy, Generalist
Consultants can be contacted via switchboard on 020 8746 8000. Please note some consultants have separate Obstetric and Gynaecology secretaries and it is important you direct your queries to the Obstetric secretary.
Resident Duty Obstetricians
- Obstetric Senior House Officer—bleep 7855
- Obstetric Specialist Registrar—bleep 7841
- Obstetric Senior Specialist Registrar—bleep 7842
Contact via hospital switchboard and ask for the doctor to be paged on above pager/bleep numbers. However, urgent clinical enquiries are best directed via the Labour Ward Co-ordinator on the Labour Ward:
T: 020 3315 7841 or 020 3315 7855
Less urgent clinical enquiries can be directed to your midwifery team if already booked in the service or the Antenatal Clinic Lead Midwife on 020 3315 5080.