Kobler Day Care Unit
Getting to the clinic
The Kobler Day Care Unit is located in Ron Johnson Ward, 2nd Floor, Lift Bank B.
View Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in a larger map.
Individualised care aimed at maintaining patients’ independence and avoiding admission where possible.
(for booked appointments)
Monday: 8:30am – 5pm
Tuesday: 8:30am – 5pm
Wednesday: 10am – 5pm
Thursday: 8:30am - 5pm
Friday: 8:30am – 5pm
Day care services
Kobler Daycare offers booked appointment to patients receiving outpatient chemotherapy and any further supportive therapies or interventions. The nursing staff are trained to administer chemotherapy, manage long term access lines as part of the care required by patients undergoing these treatments. The unit can also admit patients to hospital, if required.
Booked cancer clinics are held on the unit as follows:
- HIV oncology
- Lung cancer
- Urological cancer
- Haematological cancer
The unit is also an HIV daycare, seeing HIV positive patients at various stages of their condition. HIV patients who require treatment, investigations/procedures or hospital admission can be referred by their clinics.
Specialist HIV outpatient booked clinics are held on the unit comprising:
- Weekly TB/HIV co-infected patients with negative pressure facilities
- Weekly HIV/Hepatitis co-infected patients on treatment
- New-Fill service for the correction of facial lipoatrophy
- HIV review clinics for patients who have recently been discharged from the ward
- HIV physiotherapy clinic
- Weekly HIV symptom control clinic
If you have an urgent problem related, or possibly related, to your HIV we aim to get you seen more quickly by an appropriate member of our clinical team. If you have an urgent problem unrelated to your HIV we can advise on the best way to have the issue assessed. Our aim is to provide a more efficient and effective, patient-centred service.
- The service is located on the 2nd Floor, Lift Bank B in Ron Johnson Ward
- The telephone triage service will be open from Mon/Tue/Thu/Fri 8:30am–2pm, and Wed, 10am–2pm—the nurse will assess your symptoms and advise accordingly
- If required, you will be booked into an urgent same day appointment—appointments are from 9:30am–1:30pm.
- An urgent appointment with your own clinic doctor or nurse (or another doctor in your team) can be arranged if more appropriate
- You will need to call before you come—the number to ring is 07805 813 558
- Please do not leave a message on the triage line—if you are unable to speak with the nurse, please call back again, as the nurse may be with another patient
- Outside of these hours you must contact your GP or go to the A&E Department
If you need a repeat prescription for antiretroviral therapy (ART):
- Kobler patients: Call Kobler Pharmacy at least 48 hours in advance on 020 3315 6699 (Kobler pharmacy option) to order your medications before attending
- 56 Dean Street patients: Call Dean Street Pharmacy at least 24 hours in advance on 020 3315 9538
- Large, comfortable waiting room with refreshments
- 4 beds for treatments and investigations, equipped for acutely unwell patients
- 6 treatment chairs
- Negative pressure facilities to isolate patients attending with a cough or who require investigations or treatment warranting negative pressure facilities
- Clinic rooms to house the outpatient clinics
- Intrathecal chemotherapy treatment room
- Phlebotomy service for the in-house clinics
- Liver and skin biopsies
- Sputum inductions
- Blood tests
- Exercise oxygen saturation tests
- Lumbar punctures
- Line insertions and line management
- Blood/blood product transfusions
- IV therapies
- Educating patients to self-administer injectable treatments
- Specialised treatments