Dean Street Express
This service is suitable for you if you
- You are symptom-free (haven’t noticed anything wrong)
- You don’t need treatment
- You just want a routine sexual health check up
If you need advice or treatment then our expert team down the road at our sister clinic 56 Dean Street can provide this for you. Click on the orange banner for more information.
Dean Street Express offers fast, free and confidential sexual health screening (STI/STD tests) 6 days a week. You can walk in without an appointment. We use the latest technology to make screening even easier than before, with touchscreen check-in, self-taken tests and fast bloods with our friendly team. The video at the bottom of this page will show you what a typical clinic visit involves.
If you're at risk it's important to get tested. Public Health England recommend that gay men should test every three months if they regularly have unprotected sex with new partners. If not, they should HIV test at least once a year.
Some things you need to know
- You need a mobile phone number to use this service.
- Men should not pass urine for at least 1 hour before their visit.
- The HIV test result is usually given in 60 seconds.
- We will deliver your other results quickly (usually within 6 hours) via text message (SMS)*.
- If you need treatment your results text will include a link with information on how to arrange treatment at our sister clinic at 56 Dean Street.
*We will not contact you between 12 midnight and 7am. If you test after 6pm you may receive your results the next day.
The service can get very busy. We’re quietest on weekday mornings. You can also speed your visit by watching the video that explains how to take your tests. Click the button on the left hand side of this page.
We designed Dean Street Express to make your routine sexual health and HIV test as convenient as possible. We’re based 34 Dean Street, Soho in central London. We look forward to welcoming you.