Opportunities for Healthcare Assistants
There are some excellent opportunities for Healthcare Assistants to join our diverse teams across the Trust.
If you are enthusiastic and motivated and would like to choose Chelsea and Westminster for your career, all our current job vacancies are listed on www.jobs.nhs.uk.
Previous experience in a healthcare setting is desirable however those who would like to develop a career in caring are also encouraged to apply as training will be provided. Your keenness to join this career pathway needs to be demonstrated in your supporting statement.
Filling in the application form
- Read the advert, job description and person specification before you complete the application form. This will enable you to have a clearer understanding about the Trust and the post you have applied for. It will also help you to know what we are looking for in each application.
- Referee details—please ensure that the references you have provided are from you current or most recent line managers/supervisors (no older than 3 years ago) and that you have provided correct work email addresses. Only business-related email addresses will be accepted for referees.
- Keep a copy of your application form to help you prepare if you are shortlisted for interview.
- Complete the supporting statement section of the application form. It is an important part of the application form because you can tell us about your skills and experience. Think how you can use your own skills, experience and knowledge and relate them to the items listed on the person specification. Please include any relevant skills and/or experience you may have gained outside full time employment, for example domestic responsibilities or social/community activities. Give examples of how and where you have used your skills. Complete all parts of the application form. If some parts do not apply to you, write n/a in the spaces provided.
Interview and assessment days
We have Health Care Assistant intakes throughout the year were you will be able to apply via NHSjobs. Please review NHSjobs regularly should you be interested in applying for the post.
Should you be shortlisted for the post you will be invited to participate in an assessment centre which will take place at our offices at Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XD (view a map).
The assessment centre usually starts in the morning and applicants will be sent detailed information on time and place well in advance.
We ask candidates to keep the whole day free. The assessment day consists of:
- A literacy test (30 minutes)
- A numeracy test (30 minutes)
You will be asked to complete a ‘values-based scenario’ and offered an interview upon successfully gaining Level 1 in both the literacy and numeracy assessments. The BBC skillswise website is useful to practice your numeracy and literacy skills.
You will need to bring with you the following original and photocopied documentation:
- Valid passport (and visa if applicable) and
- UK photocard driving licence with counterpart or
- EEA/EU national ID card
We will contact you by telephone within three working days with the result of your interview and the recruiting manager will offer you feedback on your performance.
Please remember to apply online via the NHS Jobs website—jobs will be posted 1–2 weeks before the dates above. The assessment centre is at our offices at Harbour Yard, Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XD (view a map).
Interview hints and tips
- Research—find out about our hospital, department and role you are being interviewed for.
- Prepare—read through your application form, the job description and person specification. Interview questions will be based on these documents.
- Your appearance—make sure you are dressed smartly for your interview as impressions are made not only by what you say.
- Plan your journey—ensure that you arrive for your assessment/interview in time, a good rule is 15 minutes before the start time.
- Bring all the requested documents with you (originals and copies)
- Switch off your mobile
We are committed to increasing employment opportunities for disabled people and encouraging all disabled people to apply for jobs with us. If you need any special arrangements to get to the interview or selection test, please give us details in the space indicated on the form.
For further information on applying for this post please contact Sally Newland (Recruitment Coordinator) on 020 3315 6826.