‘Show us the way’ consultation—you have your say
14 June 2012
Patients, visitors, Foundation Trust members and everyone else with an interest in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital were encouraged to take part in the ‘Show us the way’ wayfinding consultation which ended on 18 May.
More than 150 people had their say by completing the consultation survey or attending a focus group. ‘Show us the way’ is a new project to help make it easier for patients and visitors to find their way around our hospital.
Wayfinding is not just about direction signs in the hospital, it also includes:
- Ensuring that the names we call departments are simple and easy to understand
- Providing maps at key points around the hospital
- Making sure that appointment letters are clear and consistent with the signs
- Using new technology such as electronic patient information screens
- Providing high quality information on the Trust website
The Trust’s wayfinding stategy will take into account the results of the consultation exercise.
The strategy is due to be approved by the Board of Directors on 28 June and changes recommended by the strategy implemented before the end of this year.