West Middlesex Charity
West Middlesex has been the beneficiary of many very generous donations over the years, which have enabled us to buy specialist medical equipment, offer additional training and development opportunities to staff, as well as improving the patient environment. We deliver over 5,000 babies, perform around 10,000 operations, see 45,000 inpatients, have almost 240,000 outpatient appointments, and treat in excess of 100,000 emergencies a year. We are continuously striving to improve patient care and your continued support will help us to do this.
The fund relies on donations from members of the local community, or people with an interest in increasing the number of projects that we are able to support. Here are just a few examples of how your generosity could help:
- £40,000 will buy a new ultra sound machine for the Breast Cancer Unit
- £500 will buy a wheelchair
- £300 will fund a new sofa for the children's unit
- £200 will buy an original piece of artwork to help improve the patient environment
- £200 will fund a Christmas party for inpatients
- £10 will buy bulbs for the Memorial Garden
How to donate
By text: Just text WMUH99 followed by the amount you wish to donate (£1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10) to 70070, for example WMUH99 £1.
All text donations are free, and won't come out of any inclusive texts you have as part of your price plan. You just pay the cost of your donation.
Online: You can make secure online donation by credit or debit card using our online donation service.
By post: Please make cheques payable to ‘West Middlesex University Hospital Charitable Fund’.
Registered charity n°1061153
The ED Appeal
The ED Appeal aims to increase awareness about the work of the West Middlesex University Hospital Emergency Department and raise money to help upgrade equipment and improve services in adult and paediatric A&E services. These are some of the things that your donations could help us achieve:
- bereavement support and training for staff
- sensory toys for the children’s area
- a new BiPap machine for resuscitation
- redecorate the paediatrics A&E and playroom
- memory boxes for bereaved parents
- magazines and newspapers for patients in ‘majors’ and the observation bay
To donate, please visit our JustGiving page.